Monday, August 07, 2006

Yeah, It Does



[sits down at the bar and sulks] Man. I tried so hard yesterday. My body was saying suck but my mind was saying power through, and I won the argument. And look what happened.



[slides shot of whiskey over to Johnson] Son, I made my life outta readin' people's faces. And the thing is, those jokers are gonna ruin your fun 9 times outta 10, so you might as well start drinking.



I, I can't drink, Mr. Wakefield, sir.



Call me Gambler.



I can't drink, Gambler.



Why not? You a tee-to-tler? Or one of the Mormons?



No, Gambler, sir, I have diabetes.



I guess we'll just have to sing the pain away then.



[Clears throat, unleashes tearfully beautiful soprano] We both lie silent and still in the dead of the night.



Although we both lie closer together, we feel miles apart inside.



Was it something I said or something I did? Did my words not come out right?



Though I tried not to hurt you. Though I tried... I guess that's why they say...



Every rose has its thorn. Just like every night has its dawn.



Just like every cowboy sings his sad, sad song.



Every rose has its thorn.



Yeah, it does.