Wednesday, May 10, 2006

NESN Cribs

Hello. My name is Mike Lowell, and welcome to my crib.

Feel free to take your shoes off. My home is your home. Let's start in the living room. Yes, the carpet is soft, isn't it? I always say, "Soft carpet, soft heart." Oh, you think my Julie Andrews DVD collection is neat? Why, thanks. No, you can't get it in stores. Ms. Andrews just knows I'm a fan. Let me see if I can get you a copy.

Over here you'll find the kitchen. Are you hungry? I spent this morning working on a pear tart. It's my mother's recipe. She used to make it when I was a little lad in Puerto Rico. Please, have a slice. Would you like homemade ice cream with that? Oh, please. You're too kind.

Oh, no this isn't the bedroom. This is my salsa room. You want me to dance for you now? Well, I suppose if that's what you really want. You'll have to accompany me, though. Don't be silly. Just feel the rhythm. Maestro?

Yes, that was fun! Did I win any awards? Oh, just a couple, back in the day. It's just a really relaxing way to spend the offseason.

The bedroom is just over this way. You might laugh at me, but, well, the yellow walls just make it feel so homey. It is like waking up bathed in sunshine every morning. Really, it's very relaxing. Oh, you like the soaps? Actually, no, you can't get them in stores. I made them. Oh, please, you're embarrassing me. It's not that hard. I just got these wonderful new soap molds in the other day. I'll be happy to send you some.

So yes, this is my crib. Thank you very much. I had a wonderful time too.