Sunday, April 16, 2006

And now for something completely different.

I promised myself there would be no serious ramblings on this one, but here is the one time exception...

The thing is, when you are a baseball fan of a certain level of devoutness, you're not going to make it through a 162 game season and then the postseason and then the hot stove season without a sense of humor. So, we blog. (Some more frequently than others, but that is how it goes.) Baseball can be an intense hobby. We all acknowledge we are insane. And then we post what the Gameday photos tell us to after Keith Foulke treads the line between brilliant and little league. Or, you know, that's just me.

But, you know, when you're writing silly things, like...say, 25 Reasons Why The Red Sox Are Better Than a Boyfriend, to be silly, to make some fellow friends and fans laugh, and to cheer yourself up after a dalliance with a total dillhole...well, it's kind of a weird feeling to see it crop up on someone else's site, taking credit for it. Was the post War and Peace? No way. Is the old blog gone, eradicating all proof? Yuppers. Did I get off easy compared to the people she lifted from more often? Indeed. (Maybe this means I need to step up my game!) But it still feels weird. Even they are stupid words, they are still my words. Imean, I know I suck attributing photographs (those down there are the work of the fine photogs at MLB.com!) but I've been trying to do better with it, and I would never lead you all believe that those are my pictures.

I mean, it's the internet. This happens, and in way more serious contexts than someone's freaking Xanga. But that doesn't make it any less stupid.

In other news.........

(photos from Redsox.com)


What the frig! I ask to be traded and they don't do it! I very pleasantly agree to stay and they don't let me start till April frigging 12th! And now they want me to frigging pitch on frigging Patriot's Day? What the frig!


Uh, sorry, dude, I just need to get to my shorts there....


It's like asking me to frigging pitch on St. Frigging Patrick's Day which they did last year. This is a holiday for my people! What. The. Frig. I'm supposed to be the only frigging sober person in Boston ON THE ONE FRIGGING DAY YOU CAN DRINK BEFORE 12 WITHOUT THE FRIGGING WAITRESS GETTING ALL FRIGGING JUDGMENTAL??


Um, yeah, can I get to my shorts please?


Dude, stick your foot out. I need to get a better look at those snazzy shoes. [Lenny obeys, Wells steps back and runs full bore at him, tripping and landing on his knee.]

OH NO WHAT THE FRIG HAS HAPPENED MY KNEE MY KNEE. I AM GOING TO NEED TO GO ON THE DL I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE MY PATRIOTS DAY START WHAT THE FRIG MY KNEE. COVER FOR ME LEONARD.


Uh, sweet.